Friday, January 06, 2012

Yes, definitely

Before class recently, I asked one of my regular students, who was totally new to yoga a few short weeks ago, how her body was feeling. She paused for a moment and then asked, "Is it possible for yoga to make you less tense?" I smiled. "Yes, definitely."
"Even after just a few classes?" she asked.
I smiled deeper. "Yes, definitely."
She went on to tell me that she has always been tense and thought that this was just her natural, unalterable state of being. She named herself a tense person and carried on with life. But then she started doing yoga with me. And almost immediately, she became a significantly less tense person. She loves the way she feels so much that her sister tells me she’s considering becoming a yogi. I would say she already is one.
“Really?” you might ask…Yes, definitely.

Labels: , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home