Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Yoga with Naomi: Find your courage and come

At the end of class on Monday, after our closing OM and “Namaste,” my students burst into spontaneous applause. This has never happened to me before and it was delightful, especially since two of the students were taking their first ever yoga class that day.

I talked with a young woman recently who says she wants to come to yoga, but she is afraid. I tried to tell her she need not be, but I think sometimes you cannot argue with fear. You must trust that it is real and then offer it your courage. If you or someone you know is considering trying yoga, but feeling afraid, tell them this: Yoga with Naomi is a conduit for healing and loving energy. It is a time to connect with your own inherent goodness and your own natural, beautiful breath. For those who come and open their hearts, there is nothing to fear, but joy itself. Say to your friends what I said to this beautiful young woman, “Find your courage and come. It will be okay.”  

(It might even feel so good that you burst into applause when you are done...)


Labels: , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home